Anger Control Workbook
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Pfeiffer, Richard
The Anger Control Workbook is part of the Real Solutions workbook series by Richard Pfeiffer. The workbook is comprehensive and represents one session per week over a 12-week course. The successful outcome of this course will require a commitment in advance to set aside time for the entire 12 sessions of the workbook. The workbook is on two levels - identification and development of skills to deal with the problems.
The workbook is more than identifying the issues it is also a workbook to develop skills, and each new skill relies to some extent on what has previously been learned, you will need to do the sessions in sequence.
It is best to do one session per week, however, you may complete the sessions at a faster pace without significant consequences. Completion of this workbook will pay off in many ways.
The 12 sessions cover:
- Developing the anger log
- The shame problem - strategies to deal with denial and withdrawal
- Surviving shame - strategies to deal with perfectionism and rage
- Shame issues such as arrogance and exhbitionism
- Other problems such as self-sabotage, self-abuse, self-neglect, the tendency to humiliate others and compulsive/addictive behaviours
- Skills rehearsals and the use of the skills including role plays
- Other techniques include: the principles of humanity, humility, autonomy and competence
- Returning 'borrowed shame' and so on.
Anger Control has helped thousands of people worldwide develop an understanding and coping strategies and skills to deal with this common social problem. The workbook has been extensively used in Australian high schools and TAFE Colleges.
- Format: Paperback
- Series: Real Solutions Workbooks
- Series Number: 2
- Publication Date: 27/04/2004
- Publisher: Knowledge Books and Software
- Subject: Business Studies
- Audience: Secondary