SKU / ISBN:
Author: Pfeiffer, Richard
This comprehensive Assertiveness Workbook is part of the Real Solutions workbook series by Richard Pfeiffer. The workbook is comprehensive and represents one session per week over an eight-week course. The successful outcome of this course will require a commitment in advance to set aside time for the entire eight sessions of the workbook. The workbook is on two levels - identification and development of skills to deal with the problems.
The Assertiveness Workbook is about more than identifying the issues, it is also a workbook to develop skills, and each new skill relies to some extent on what has previously been learned, you will need to do the sessions in sequence. It is best to do one session per week, however you may complete the sessions at a faster pace without significant consequences. Completion of this workbook will pay off in many ways.
The eight sessions cover
- Three modes of communicating - assertive, aggressive and passive communication
- Broken record technique, role play and an example of 'covert modelling'
- Three ways to diffuse manipulative criticism: agree in part, agree in probability, and agree in principle
- Types of assertive listening
- Expressing negative emotion - saying "No"; assertiveness problems and goals
- Assertive position statement - expressing and listening to workable compromise
This popular title has helped thousands of people worldwide develop understanding and coping strategies and skills to deal with this common social problem. The workbook has been extensively used in Australian high schools and TAFE Colleges.
- Format: Paperback
- Series: Real Solutions Workbooks
- Series Number: 4
- Publication Date: 27/04/2004
- Publisher: Knowledge Books and Software
- Subject: Business Studies
- Audience: Secondary