Look at Me! I Can Read and Write and Spell!
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Bricknell, Nick
This is Part 2 of the Look at Me! series and covers the English outcomes for the second year of school. The activities in the book are engaging, attractive and fun for the student.
The most important literacy outcomes are:
- development of oral language,
- fostering the love of reading and writing,
- correct usage in spelling, punctuation and grammar,
- development of logical reasoning through the written word.
This book meets these outcomes through:
- attractive artwork to foster oral language development,
- numerous opportunities for practising handwriting,
- weekly spelling program of 42 commonly-used word families with associated homework practice exercises,
- daily homework suggestions based on the spelling program,
- vocabulary extension through wordbanks, positional prepositions, opposites, synonyms and homophones,
- developing the ability to follow written directions,
- the development of logical reasoning through such activities as
- classifying and differentiating
- reaching conclusions through detail awareness
- sequencing pictures to make a story
- solving through context clues
- making value judgments
- tabulating information.
- Format: Paperback
- Series: Look at Me!
- Publication Date: 13/02/2004
- Publisher: Knowledge Books and Software
- Subject: English, Textbooks and Workbooks
- Audience: Primary
- Curriculum: Australian