Foods of China 2 (PowerPoint CD-ROM)
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Barlow, Colleen
The Impact on Australian Eating Habits
This colourful PowerPoint and worksheet package takes a contemporary look at the food culture of China focusing on the Multicultural perspectives of the Food Technology Syllabus Years 7-10: In the study of the focus areas food in Australia and food equity students will explore a number of multicultural perspectives concerning food. Students will enhance their understanding, appreciation and acceptance of people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
This PowerPoint presentation also provides students with an opportunity to reflect on Food safety, hygienic food service and OH&S in relation to food preparation and service which supports the Core: Food Preparation and Processing. Material presented and questions posed throughout this PowerPoint package provide teachers with a stimulating resource with which to consolidate and extend students in achieving the outcomes listed below.
Food Technology Syllabus Years 7-10 Stage 5 Outcomes:
- 5.1.1 demonstrates hygienic handling of food to ensure a safe and appealing product
- 5.1.2 identifies, assesses and manages the risks of injury and OHS issues associated with the handling of food
- 5.3.2 justifies food choices by analysing the factors that influence eating habits
- 5.4.1 collects, evaluates and applies information from a variety of sources
- 5.6.1 examines the relationship between food, technology and society
- 5.6.2 evaluates the impact of activities related to food on the individual, society and the environment.
This package also has relevance to the Stage 6 Food Technology Unit FOOD AVAILABILITY and SELECTION, in particular PART 2 which focuses on the contributions China has made to our food habits.
- Format: CD-ROM
- Series: Foods of China
- Series Number: 2
- Publication Date: 07/04/2012
- Publisher: Knowledge Books and Software
- Subject: Home Economics
- Audience: Secondary
- Curriculum: Australian