Strengthening for Sport
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Williams, Guy
Weight training is now regarded as an essential element in training for any competitive sporting activity and is also used by many as a convenient and enjoyable way to improve and maintain their overall fitness.
This guide looks at weight training as a means of strengthening specific muscle groups to improve performance and as a means of general sporting conditioning. Each exercise is fully illustrated and described for easy use by beginners.
Strengthening for Sport is a step-by-step guide to improving your sporting performance through understanding and planning your exercise techniques and examines the following:
- muscle physiology
- principals of weight training
- psychology of weight training
- advanced training techniques
- sport specific training programs
- sample programs
- free weights
- spotting and safety techniques
- visualisation techniques
A comprehensive and easy to follow guide for anyone training for school or competitive sports or just generally interested in their fitness.
- Format: Paperback
- Series: Sports Science
- Publication Date: 08/02/2006
- Publisher: Knowledge Books and Software
- Subject: Physical Education
- Audience: Secondary